Thursday, January 28, 2010

Painting Love






The resiliency of the human spirit truly amazes me -- I heard on the news this morning that they just pulled a seventeen-year old girl out of the wreckage after fifteen days -- fifteen days !!!  -- so as the world went on, this little girl laid there in the rubble surviving  How did you survive???  What were her thoughts  as she spent all that time wondering what was going to happen to her, and how scared she must have been!   And now, to be rescued!  I am sure that the people who found her must be so elated that their efforts saved a life -- a life so precious!

 I am humbled to tears when I think of how fortunate I am to have my home and my studio and that I get to paint for a living!  

We can all learn from her survival -- that our lives are so precious and how the human spirit longs to survive.  

Today, take a few moments and thank all of the people around you that give you love and encouragement and friendship and give you the will to survive.  We all face our own challenges -- and the beauty of our lives is the gifts of love we give to one another and to the world.

This is a painting of the beginning of life -- and the love that a mother feels for her child!

Thank you for being in my life.







No comments:

Post a Comment