Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Impressionistic Paintings of the Beach



From the moment I step on the beach, I feel peace.  I breathe in the smell of the salt air, my bare feet feel the grains of the sand that comfort me, and I hear the sounds of the ocean.  There is no other sound that is so amazing than the movement of the ocean over the sand.  I relax, I am at the beach!

I wait for the afternoon light -- the warmest light of the day.  The ocean’s color changes as the sun changes and that is what I want to capture in my paintings.  My models are told to just go and have fun -- of course they will have fun -- afterall we are on a beach!

I keep taking photographs and creating new ideas until the sun sets, and then I revel in the moments of that day and marvel as I watch the sun seep behind the blue ocean.

Now I can’t wait to get back in the studio and start painting all of the beautiful photos that I have just created.  

And everyone has great memories of the beach and great photos -- care to share any with me?




No comments:

Post a Comment