Monday, May 10, 2010

Starting to Paint

It’s never too late to get started !!!  I see a lot of retired people taking workshops and opening the door to painting!  That is so exciting to me because I do believe that we all have art in us!  Finding your medium and your style is part of the process!
Taking workshops is a great place to get started.  When an artist does a demonstration you can learn a lot by just watching.  And, some artists offer private lessons.  You can learn so much in a workshop -- you learn about yourself and you get to interact with other people who also want to learn to paint.
Seek out the art groups in your area and find an artist whose work you admire and sign up -- take that first step and start to paint or draw -- you will discover that part of you that has been waiting to shine!
I will be doing a demonstration at Arizona Art Supply in Phoenix, Arizona on May 22, 2010, and I will be shooting a video of the demonstration that will be available at the end of this month.  To find out more, please send me an email.
Remember -- it’s never too late to get started!
"Garden" 10 x 8 Oil on Board

No comments:

Post a Comment