Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Finding Inspiration

I want to paint everything -- well, almost everything.  Every where I look I see paintings -- I have ideas flashing in my mind all of the time -- it’s amazing!    And perhaps I am a little ADD or is it ADHD -- these ideas keep me excited about the next painting.
I keep a sketch book beside me (or near by) at all times so that I can quickly sketch out my vision or write it out -- less I forget!  Often times these notes develop into a new series.  The next step is to plan a photo shoot, find a model or set up a still life and get started!
You never know when an inspiration will come -- or where it will come from - be ready, be open and keep that child in you ready for anything!  
Look at the world through loving eyes that find beauty all around you.

"Lazy Afternoon" 5 x 7 Oil on Board
DianeLeonard.com


No comments:

Post a Comment