Friday, April 12, 2013

Simplicity



I was reminded yesterday of a beautiful little painting that I did several years ago.  The simplicity of the painting and the flow of the strokes showed the joy that I put into the painting.

I sat at my computer and enjoyed my own painting -- once again!  As I looked at it I wondered how I ever painted such a little beauty so simply and yet filled with so much emotion and power.  My first thought was WOW!  How did I do that?  Why don’t I paint like that every day?????

Then I thought of how many times I have struggled with my work -- agonizing over my strokes -- re-working it, adding doubt and truly not enjoying the process.  And, so, there it was -- a simple beauty staring at me.

And there it is -- it’s simple --just paint from your heart, knowing that the love and joy of God is in every stroke!

Have fun painting today and every day, and please let me know how you are doing.

"Secrets"
12 x 9
Oil on Board


2 comments:

  1. True! Like a dance, relax and let the brush lead and amazing things happen; sometimes boring, sometimes interesting and sometimes fantastic! That is what creativity is all about!
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful, light-filled painting.

    ReplyDelete