Thursday, September 16, 2010

Finding Joy

When was the last time that you felt pure “JOY” -- just for being you -- and for the gifts in your life????
It seems that our news is filled with “negatives” of all kinds and it feels so scary! And that negativity is proliferated by everyone still talking about what isn’t working in our world, instead of focusing on what is working!
So, how do we find that joy and happiness that we seek and how do we put it into our work?  
Before I walk into my studio, I “sparkle up” by putting on a little make up, spraying my Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan and fixing my hair -- then I start feeling “joy” and thinking great thoughts (with affirmations), and as I stretch and get ready to paint, I see in my mind what I want to create.   I put on great music and I only let “good” come into the studio with me -- my studio is a special place to me -- I love it!!!!  And, I love creating.  Then, I let the magic begin.
I will be doing more blogs on finding joy and happiness -- I truly feel that we all need to rediscover these feelings in our lives.
One can only imagine what a great world it will be when we all FEEL Love!

"Joy"
28 x 28 Oil on Linen



2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful world it could be! Wait, that's a song line...looking forward to your musings on joy and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Très belle peinture pour illustrer de si belle pensées...

    ReplyDelete