Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Used To Be

Doris Day passed away yesterday, at the age of 96.  Her life was a long one and a great one and, of course, everyone knows of the sweet Doris Day and her many movies that made us smile.

In honor of Doris, I decided to watch one of her old movies.  Life was so much simpler then, and people found joy in the little things.  Of course, there are songs in her movies -- she had the voice of an angel, and always, there is a happy ending.

I remember the days when everyone knew their neighbors and helping each other was a way of life.  Yes, those days when Doris Day sang to bring sunshine into our hearts.

Art has a way of bringing joy and songs in our hearts.  Each painting has it's own song to sing!  I look back at some of my own paintings that were created many years ago, and I still smile.  And, yes, I remember when the mothers and children would pose for me on the beach.  We just let the children play and have a good time.  And, in my gardens at my home in Phoenix, the children were always mesmerized by the beauty of the colors.

Art has been, and always will be a part of our lives.  It is so important that we spend time enjoying the art in the galleries, museums, and in the homes of friends!  Art speaks of our world from long ago and what is relevant today!  Enjoy the colors and beauty of art -- it is everywhere.

Being an artist is challenging and exciting!  We paint to bring joy and happiness to the world.  Support the arts in any way that you can!

Art lasts forever!  And so does the memories of Doris Day!

"Love" 7 x 5 Oil on Board

This is a little study that I did from my garden in Phoenix. My little hammock was a great place to sit and hold her precious baby.  And the light was mesmerizing!



No comments:

Post a Comment