Wednesday, May 1, 2019

A Telephone Call

Sometimes, a simple phone call can bring you so much joy, and love and comfort.  We are all so busy these days, and texting seems to be the "new phone call".  And, yet, when you simply take a few minutes and call a friend or family member, it can be just what that person needs.

This morning  I received a phone call from my friend in Phoenix, and we chatted for over a half hour and it was so inspirational, moving and mostly, exactly what I needed to start my day.  I haven't been to Phoenix in a few years, and my heart and some of my belongings are still there.  I was reminded how much I love the desert and the people there.

Time passes by so quickly, and our lives take us all over the world.  The special moments that we share together are the ones that make our hearts smile.

Thank you, Viktoria, for calling me and for our great and inspirational talk today.

Here's a painting that I did of Viktoria and her daughter Fifi many years ago in my garden in Phoenix.  The tender times we spent together while I watched her children grow up are always in my heart.

It is one of my favorite paintings.

Take a few minutes today and give someone a call -- Your heart will truly smile.
"Love Stories"  20 x 20 Oil on Linen


1 comment:

  1. Bonjour,

    De belles émotions dans ce très joli billet.
    Votre amie peut être fière de cette magnifique peinture que vous avez fait d'elle et de son enfant.
    Il y règne une grande sérénité.
    Vous avez raison, bien souvent nous ne prenons plus le temps de téléphoner. Pourtant il est si bon de dialoguer et d'entendre la voix et les rires ... Les simples messages ne remplacent pas ces échanges.

    Gros bisous 🌸

    ReplyDelete